About the Website
LearnFromNature is about ideas to get Children and Nature closer together!
Read my regular blog about environmental and environmental education issues - click here
So many children are now disconnected from their natural environment, growing up in urban areas right away from any kind of outdoor experiences. The term ‘nature deficit’ has been created to highlight the very real issue. This website will, it is hoped, contribute to the discussion with some concrete ideas to help bridge the gap – so we can learn from nature.
Follow LearnFromNature on twitter
Like me on facebook
About Henricus Peters
I am on right of the photo above.
* I am primary teacher and international educator now living in Shanghai, China
* environmental educator with NAEEUK
* writer and amateur photographer – focus on the natural and built environments
I have a special interest in developing local and international networks between NGOs and government agencies to the benefit of teachers, educators and children
* Executive Committee – currently Co-Chair – National Association for Environmental Education UK – NAEEUK
* Managing Editor of Environmental Education e-journal
* Active supporter and writer for these groups:
- Association for Science Education http://www.ase.org.uk/home/,
- Geography Association http://www.geography.org.uk/
- Chesham Environmental Group
* Longstanding Memberships: